The Snappi® Diaper Fastener revolutionized cloth diapering! It is an EASY to use fastener that offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper. It replaces diaper pins. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
Click for larger photo
Please email for a separate shipping quote when purchasing Snappi Fasteners on their own.
Snappis WORK BEST with our DSQ Chinese prefolds. They are also great for use with homemade cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi to hook into. They DO NOT work well flannel or any other tightly woven diapers, even most hemp diapers.
1. ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi fastener on your baby’s diaper.
2. Keep out of children’s reach when not in use!
3. Do not use your Snappi®for longer than 6 months.
4. Do not leave your Snappi lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi®.
CARE: Clean your Snappi in hot soapy water. Do not launder them with diapers in the washer as this may weaken the grip attachment.
CAUTION: Any tear in the Snappi can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard. Do not cut your Snappi® as this could create weak spots in your Snappi®. Inspect your Snappi before each use and discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Snappi fasteners need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
1. STRETCH the Snappi fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi to return to its original size and in so doing, pulls the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand and close to the end of the leg with the other hand. Then s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi is now ready to go!
2. Make sure that the Snappi is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper. So,
Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right,
Stretch DOWN and Hook Center
In other words, the Snappi fastener should go from a ‘T’ shape to a ‘Y’ shape.
By following these instructions, the Snappi should be secure, the diaper will fit snugly and the baby should not be able to undo it. ALWAYS place a cover over the diaper and Snappi fastener.
The Snappi fastener is manufactured from FDA approved raw materials, a polyester based polyurethane which is degradable on aging through hydrolysis and/or microbiological attack. It contains NO latex or any other adulterant, dilutent or modifying polymers. The composition is 100% polyurethane. It is made in South Africa.
This product is suitable for new-borns as well as busy toddlers.
When the Snappi fastener is not in use, fold the thin strip at the end of each leg to the back of the Snappi, and slip over the teeth of the white grip. This acts as a barrier and prevents the sharp teeth from being exposed.
NOTE: Keep all Snappi fasteners out of children’s reach when not in use.